An email has been going around titled “No Matter What” and is attributed to Walter Williams. But, there are some problems with this email. The first major problem is that it was actually NOT written by Walter Williams and is actually a hoax. Another problem is that it is inaccurate. Among other errors big businesses are not going to overwhelmingly support Obama in next years presidential election. The text of the email message reads:
DR. WILLIAMS predicts that Obama can not lose the 2012 election.
IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP: THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO “SHAKE THE BOAT” TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES.
Dr. Williams prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University.
No Matter What
By Dr. Walter Williams
Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can’t. I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term.
The media won’t tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama’s case billions) of dollars to them in advertising.
But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn’t matter. Obama gets reelected. Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win. Gas pricesmoving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins. The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins. War in the Middle East? He wins a second term.
America’s role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama! The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama’s extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don’t you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do.
And that’s why I know Obama will win. The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.
Even when Obama’s policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn’t his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama’s reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:
- Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn’t matter what he does. It’s a race thing. He’s one of us,
- College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It’s really not more complex than that,
- Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,
- Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,
- Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,
- Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,
- Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,
- The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,
- Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won’t vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,
- Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn’t need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
– Dr. Walter Williams
The article first appears on RiteOn.org under the original title “A Bad Dream” and was published on April 1st, 2011. RiteOn.org has since issued an apology to Dr. Williams which has been posted to George Mason’s website. The text of the apology and retraction is as follows:
We owe Dr. Walter Williams an apology.
We published an article that we thought was written by him and we have subsequently found out it was not. The title of the article we published was “No Matter What” and it was published on April 1. Please be informed that this article was mistakenly attributed to Dr Williams. We admire Dr. Williams work and the article we published was not written by him and was, in fact, a “phony” that fooled us also. We hope, by way of this explanation, to inform those who took the article as genuine to know that it was bogus and that Dr Williams had nothing to do with the writing of the article entitled “No Matter What” that appeared under the column entitled “A Bad Dream” published on the RiteOn web site on April 1.
We erred in not researching the real source of the article prior to publication and we erred in publishing it. We try within our means to avoid publishing phony material of the sort represented by this article and we are sorry we failed to catch the mistake prior to publication.
Chuck MacNab, Editor and Publisher, RiteOn.org
If you receive this email do NOT forward it. Simply delete it.